Does your bed mate always complain of you snoring too much? Do you face difficulties in falling asleep or not being able to explore the deeper stages of sleep? In that case, you definitely require some help from a professional dentist, as it could be sleep apnea. Visit Margaret Giruc D.D.S., at Salem, OR 97301 and Dr. Giruc will thoroughly diagnose your condition, post which they will suggest the appropriate treatment method.
Signs of Troubled Sleep
- Most patients with snoring issues will not even know about it as they are not in a state of consciousness. But, your bedmate usually would, which is why you can always ask them if you have snoring issues while asleep.
- Patients with troubled sleep often feel sleepy during the daytime. This is because they have a hard time exploring the deeper levels of sleep, which gradually reduces their sleep quality.
- Your tolerance levels would be quite low. You may tend to feel too irritated with even the smallest of things.
- Due to persistent snoring, you may face a sore throat in the morning as soon as you wake up. When this happens regularly, it could give rise to early morning headaches as well. In some cases, the headache can be quite severe.
- In the worst case of troubled sleep, patients tend to suffer from sleep apnea. It is a sleep disorder where the patient wakes up in the middle of their sleep due to the inability to breathe. This occurs due to the collapse of the throat's tissues onto the airway, thereby blocking the supply of oxygen to the lungs.
- Bruxism is also a sleep disorder where the patient subconsciously grinds their teeth while asleep. This can lead to severe wear of the teeth.
When you visit our practice for a consultation, our dentist will try to understand the condition by asking you a few questions about how you feel. A few tests will also be conducted, and the observations will be recorded, based on which a suitable treatment method will be discussed with you. Also, the dentist will explain to you how the treatment has helped other patients in the past. A sleep study will be conducted to understand your condition better.
Once the dentist receives the results of your test, the treatment method will be formulated. It may include the use of certain oral appliances and devices that you will have to use regularly. One of them is a custom-fabricated night-time Herbst sleep appliance. Medication could also be prescribed to help you recover better.
Is someone close to you, or you yourself are having any sleep apnea signs? Then schedule an appointment online or call us at (503) 581-2446 to consult with our dentist, Dr. Giruc, at Salem, OR. We will be happy to assist you further.